Sunday 9 November 2008

creature to Creator

I had the grace to experience a moment with my Creator. It occurred while I was having lunch during my silent retreat over the week. As I was drinking soup with my spoon, I had the feeling that I was being watched by someone up above. Instantly, I felt like a deer, drinking water from a stream. It felt really strange, to be for that moment, a simple creature, not thinking, not rationalising, just drinking soup with a spoon and enjoying the present. I could feel God smiling down on me, it was as if He was amused at me, pleased with my existence. I could understand then, what God meant, by saying that He is well-pleased with His creation. We as humans, we too create. I have created this blog, I create pictures and drawings, I create happiness in the lives of others, etc. But it is to this ultimate Creator-creature relationship that we are called to come back to after being creators in our own lives. To draw strength, to rest, to be renewed and directed by God to create His kingdom here on earth. It was truly a grace to experience my God in such a manner. To experience Him as my Creator, the One who knows me intimately, loves me deeply and constantly watching over me. Just like how we do our best and provide as much as we can to what we have created, so does God provide and care for us His creation.

Lord,

May I have the grace and openness of heart to accept you as my Creator and allow You to work Your spirit in me to care for your creation. Thank you for this experience of being aware, that You were smiling upon me, Your lowly creation. I'm happy to have been pleasing to You. Thank You.


:)

No comments: