Friday 3 April 2009

Climbing Mt. Kinabalu



Last week, a group of us from St Francis Xavier Church went on a Mt. Kinabalu climbing expedition in Sabah. Personally, I have scaled the mountain twice but only managed to reach the peak on the first try. I succumbed to altitude sickness on the second attempt and had to be content reaching the half-way point Sayat-Sayat. That was when I was 17 years old and was there with a group from the VJC Odac. I felt very disappointed and a little upset with myself, but I recalled looking at the mountain and telling myself that I will be back to conquer it again.




And conquer it I did.



Along the way, I did manage to see a wide variety of amazing mosses, plants, orchids, picther plants and also some animal life like birds, squirrels and a very quick tree shrew. Amazing! I was simply soaking up the beauty of creation all around me and even managed to capture the endemic Giant earthworm and Giant Leech of Mt Kinabalu on film!

I need to figure a way to use flicker so that all of you can access the pictures easily online. :)

Thank you Lord for the beauty of the mountain and for granting our team a safe and enjoyable trip to Mt. Kinabalu. I praise you for all creatures big and small that we have encountered and am awed by the wonder of your creation.












No comments: